Low Carb Pumpkin Rounds
The moment the calendar hits October is the moment I bust out this recipe. It’s one of my favorites for a variety of reasons. Love the fact that its low carb, low sugar, taste great and makes for a great treat throughout the month. For those of you who enjoy a fall or pumpkin beer it makes for a great pairing as well.
What to expect:
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 25 People
Calories 116 kcal
- 1/2 C butter (UNSALTED – Kerrygold is my butter of choice)
- 1 C sweetener
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 C canned pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
For the Frosting
- 1/2 C butter softened (UNSALTED – Kerrygold is my butter of choice)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 C powder sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and pumpkin. Mix well
- Add remaining cookie ingredients and continue mixing.
- Using the small ice cream scoop, scoop out some batter and place the dough 2 inches apart from each other.
Bake for 12-15 minutes
Once done, allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool some more
- Using a mixer, combine all ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Scoop frosting into piping bag and pipe onto cooled cookies or use a butter knife to spread.
Enjoy the month of October!
My favorite pairing after a long day on the golf course – Beef roast with a side salad followed by Tampa Bay Brewing Company’s Pumpkin Gourd and 1-2 of these low carb cookies.