This breakfast casserole is perfect for anyone who doesn’t have time (5 minutes) to scramble a few eggs in the morning. Make this dish on a Saturday or Sunday and breakfast is done for the week. The casserole provides plenty of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and protein that will give you that stable energy needed to get your week off on the right foot. The options are endless as well. I’ve made some with spinach, tomato, onion, and mushrooms. I’ve also gone the MEAT route and loaded up on bacon, sausage, steak, and onion. My favorite
- 8-12 Whole Eggs
- 2tbsorganic salted butter
- 2 cupsFull Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2cupshalf n half
- 1/2cupDiced tomatoes
- 1/2cupFrozen spinach
- 1/4 cuponion
- 1/4 cupmushroom
- 1/2 cupsausage
- 2tspground mustard
- 1 tbsblack pepper
- Salt to taste
- Gather all ingredients. Will need 13 x 9 casserole dish or larger along with large and small mixing bowl. Preheat Oven to 325.
- Cook 4 stripes of bacon and sausage. Let cool (3-4 minutes). Then chop and place in small bowl. While bacon and sausage is cooking, heat spinach and remove excess water. Place on paper towel to dry.
- Crack eggs and place in mixing bowl. Whisk together like making scrambled eggs. Add half n half and stir.
- Melt butter so its soft or use room temperature butter and add to egg mixture. Dice tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms and place in egg mixture.
- Add bacon, sausage, and spinach to mixture and stir.
- Add seasoning to egg mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for 45-60 min or until done at 325.
- Once you remove from oven, let cool and you can portion into containers for the week. Breakfast is ready Monday-Friday!