Bacon & Eggs
This is a classic for a reason. Great source of protein and healthy fats. The bacon (70% fat, 30% protein) contains 5 grams of Mono sat fats, 53 mg of omega 3 fatty acids and overall is a great source of niacin and selenium. The egg yolk contains 5 grams of healthy saturated, monosaturated, and polyunsaturated fat and is a multivitamin when it comes to its micronutrient profile. Eat as many eggs as needed to feel satisfied and try to choose an organic type of bacon. If I know it’s going to be a long day and I won’t have time for a middle of the day meal, I’ll load up on protein and fat in the morning usually in the form of 4-5 whole eggs with 2-3 strips of bacon
- 1-6 Whole Eggs
- 1-4 strips bacon
- 1-2 tablespoons organic butter
- Heat skillet / frying pan to medium heat
- Cook bacon strips, set aside. Keep bacon grease.
- Scramble eggs, pour into pan with bacon grease.
- Cook 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!